In North Carolina, there are two reasons you may have to go to the Driver Improvement Clinic, the state’s driving school. There are plenty of options in and around the Charlotte area to find an accredited vendor.
- You’ve accumulated 7 or more points on your driving record, and the DMV has required it. This will remove 3 of those points. You won’t need a traffic ticket attorney for this one; you just have to go!
- You’ve received a speeding ticket or some other charge, and have been ordered to attend traffic school to reduce points or reduce your traffic fines. Your traffic attorney can tell you more about what to expect.
Satisfying your required driving school responsibilities is easy. With four simple steps, you can be on your way to a cleaner driving record and save some money.
- For a traffic ticket, go to court, and the judge will give you instructions. If it’s a DMV requirement, you’ll receive a notice with instructions.
- Enroll online or at an accredited school and complete the course.
- Submit your certificate to the DMV or court.
- Check your driving record to make sure you have been credited, and the points are removed.
A good traffic ticket lawyer can also tell you some reasons why you may want to go to traffic school on your own. That’s right; you don’t have to wait till you get a ticket to take advantage of this easy way to clean up your driving record. An online driving course in North Carolina can cost as little as $30, and the benefits can save you a lot of money down the road. You can take advantage of this inexpensive option once every five years to remove points from your license.
The two biggest benefits of voluntarily attending traffic school are:
- Fewer points on your driving record. Fewer points on your record mean that if you do receive a traffic ticket in the future, the impact on your driving record (and your wallet!) will be reduced.
- Lower insurance rates. Some insurance carriers offer discounts for drivers who attend a defensive driving school. Combined with the reduced points on your license, this discount can save you some real money.
If you get a traffic ticket or just need some more information, contact one of the experienced traffic ticket attorneys at the Jason Reece Law Firm.